Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Valentine's Day pieces

So I've been wracking my brain as to what do for V Day since like, December. I had one idea that didn't pan out. Had another idea that I still may pursue but is a bit different from my "normal" style.

I really want to do a piece that is timeless rather than gimmicky, you know? So I think the answer came to me last night. It fits in with and incorporates my current work, is appropriate for Valentine's Day and yet could be worn at any other time of the year.

I personally don't like jewelry that I have to pull out for special occasions and so I am happy with my conclusion. I've worked on it in practice wire and will do the real deal tomorrow! I would do it tonight but everyone else has gone to bed and won't appreciate my hammering. ;D

ooh idea! I'll do two versions!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

can't wait, can't wait! i've really turned into a beadsinthebelfry stalker.

Contrariwise said...

I agree with you. I didn't make jewelry specifically for Christmas and I'm not making it for Valentine's Day. I prefer to make jewelry that can be worn year-round.

I do have a Valentine's section in my Etsy shop. But it contains items that are pink or red or have a Valentine-themed name. (And my only piece with a heart on it.)