This is a recipe I adapted from allrecipes.com. It is super yummy. I'll be running a sale from Black Friday to Cyber Monday. For 15% off your order, please use the code: PUMPKINBLOG
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened - I used Philadelphia Cream Cheese 1/3 Less Fat
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c sour cream - I used a light one
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (about 146 degrees C)
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Fold in the sour cream. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven in a water bath* for 60 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to sit in the turned off oven with the door open for another hour, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.
The best type of pan to use for a water bath is a roasting pan or other pan with sides at least 1-1/2 to 2 inches high. That will allow you to put enough water into the pan so it won't all evaporate before your pudding or cheesecake has baked.
Put your pudding or cheesecake into the roasting pan, place the pan into the oven, and add enough hot water to reach halfway up the pan.