Monday, January 25, 2010

oh the possibilities!

Happy 2010! Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA but you know how I do. So today I found myself scouring the internets to figure out how to make my own craft table. I already have a place where I do my jewelry work but I really need more space.

Let me tell you, I had a near orgasmic experience looking up plans and DIY ideas. And therein lies the problem. The possibility is where the excitement lies for me. The IDEA, the CONCEPT! The materials gathered before me and the endless opportunities to CREATE are IT! I'm getting all hot and bothered here just thinking about thinking about it.


I have always been one who loves the idea of what could be. The flip side of this is that I leave the execution for another day. And another day of course turns into two years ago, yadda yadda. You don't want to know how many times I've laid out a plan for what I could do in the house to my hubby. And while I'm getting energized by the conversation, he is totally getting drained. Let's take a little picture tour of what awaits completion and how long I've been idea-lizing it,
shall we?

Pillows that need covering -3 months

Magazine holders (the house shape is so cute right??) that need painting -3 months

Coasters that need staining -5 months
Picture frame that needs Young Master Beads's latest school photo -3 months

Herbs that need planting -1 week. (woohoo!)

This is just the short list I came up with. I'm sure there's more. You may be asking, why are you putting this up here Nina? I am putting it here to shame myself into some sort of action. lol.
While it is fun to dwell in the land of possibilities, I find myself wondering ala Langston Hughes, what happens to a dream deferred and I have a feeling it ain't pretty...

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

I need to clear some mental space! If any of you have projects out there that need completing, I encourage you to get started (or in this case, finished) too!

3 comments:

Thoughts from the Desert said...

Awesome inspiration! I also don't feel so bad about my many started-but-not-finished projects now.

Windowsill herb garden ... I'm so there!

Allisunny S. said...

Oh yes my dear.... these things just pile up, it's true - I find the only way through them is baby steps :)
xoxoxo,
Allison

colette said...

thanks...i needed to read that. xox colette