Dear blog oh blog,
I did not mean to ignore you so. My apologies. Do you think we can be friends again? Great!
I was in the midst of an Etsy (fora) fast and somehow you got lumped in there too. So here is what happened with my Etsy fast:
It has now been 11 days. I didn't read or post (except when necessary - I had a materials issue and needed some advice and a quick promo post here and there). Here is the short version of my results:
- I created and listed new designs in the shop. At least two of which sold that same week.
- I finally reached the goal of 50 items in the shop and at least 10 pairs of earrings.
- I ended up in *multiple* treasuries - I'd like to think it was because I was listing new things and bringing fresh eyes to the shop or something.
- One of those treasuries hit the front page! See last post.
- I took the time to analyze which are my best selling days.
- I was blogged about twice this past week that I know of. Now three. Thanks Mrs. Dragon!
- I also contacted someone about a possible wholesale order with a new design and she is open to it.
- In the last week (excluding today), I've sold at least one thing every day. Now that doesn't mean I'm some huge success - but for me, that is definitely improvement.
So...I think I made a good choice in forum fasting for a week, don't you? I'm not here trying to brag. I'm telling you what *can* happen.
That place can really suck up a lot of good creation time and energy if you are not balanced and disciplined in how you go about taking part in the community. I'm not saying don't go to the fora at all but I am saying be mindful of how you spend your time.