Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mundaness rocks!

I'm really focused on taking it easy right now and enjoying the simple things.
Eating lunch on your patio.
Sipping strawberry milk.
The mundane.
For some reason I think the word mundane has gotten a bad rep.
One definition I looked up described mundane as unimaginative.
I disagree wholeheartedly. The everyday things of life give my work inspiration daily.
The mundane things of life are life. At least here on earth.
What do we remember when loved ones pass on?
Do you remember the "must have" gifts of the season you received from them?
Or do you remember the constancy of their love - by how they tucked you in at night?
Or how they only wore coral lipstick?
Here's to the mundane!

*sips strawberry milk*

2 comments:

T.Allen said...

As a wee bit boring creature of habit, I must concur-mundane is the new black! Or should that be grey?

Deidra said...

Mmmm. Strawberry milk is truly one of life's little pleasures. And you have turned the mundane on its ear with this fantastic post!